Are worldly sciences mentioned in the Qur’an and Hadeeth? Why? What is the relevance of worldly sciences for us as Muslims? Can worldly sciences assist in our religious affairs? Why is the reward of worldly sciences less than that of Islamic sciences?
This talk discusses the rank and relevance of worldly education in Islam. Alhamdulillah it takes an unbiased approach, citing The Qur’an and Hadeeth of Rasulullah ﷺ . It has been split into sections so you can listen with ease.
- Introduction, the water cycle and celestial navigation
2. Mathematics, inheritance and other measures
3. Accepting divine law and the mention of social sciences in the Qur’an
4. The Qur’an; a book of divine guidance
5. The rank of the Islamic sciences